Running low on topics with your partner that don’t include kids and a to-do list? Below are 15 topics to bring back connective conversation for your next time together.
15 Topics to Discuss With Your Spouse by Doug Brinley
- When I first knew I loved you and wanted to marry you.
- My own strengths and weaknesses—how I feel about them. Things I am working to improve.
- Events and situations that make me happy—activities that I enjoy doing.
- How marriage has been different than I thought it would be.
- An outstanding trait I think you have developed since we got married.
- My favorite quote, poem, or spiritual experience.
- How I feel about our home and family—how I would like it to be; if I could change one thing.
- How I feel about being a dad/mom.
- The meaning of intimacy to me—what part it plays in my life.
- How I feel about my work and/or homemaking role.
- What I enjoy about marriage compared to being single.
- My attitude about money, spending and saving.
- Things that depress, frustrate or discourage me.
- A trait I like in other people that I wish I had.
- An area I could use some help in carrying out better in our marriage.